Many Homeowners and Building owners in the northeast are having to deal with a growing number of weather related emergencies including hurricanes, wind storms, flooding and an increasing amount of snow accumulation from winter storms over the years. Ice dams in a matter of days, damage your home’s or business’s roof and the water that gets inside your buildings can require extensive and costly repairs. Owners need to install an ice dam prevention system to proactively prevent damage to the physical structure of the building they own, to reduce potential safety and liability issues.
New England Ice Solutions offers guaranteed Ice Dam Prevention Systems that save you time, money and potential safety disasters or liability issues. In many ways, our ice dam prevention systems are like homeowner’s insurance. You want assurance that you’re protected when you get extremely large amounts of snow on your roof. We think our solution is superior to insurance because we focus on preventing the problem from occurring, where insurance only helps to defray the cost of repairs. You’ve still got to live through the problem, deal with insurance adjusters and then contractors who will ultimately make the needed repairs.
The Benefits of an Ice Dam Prevention System for Your Home
Our lives are busy and our homes should be a safe retreat from the world around us. When you get home at night, you want to relax and enjoy your family. You don’t want to deal with shoveling snow, or worse, calling contractors to get estimates to make repairs to your home’s interior due to a roof leak.
With our ice dam prevention solution, you get the following benefits, all of which provide you with peace of mind:
- Schedule flexibility– means you don’t have to check on the weather at home while traveling for business, or spending winters in a warmer climate.
- Automated operations– like other automated home features, you only have to turn your system on in the fall, and off in the spring. The automated controller runs the system for you.
- Energy efficiency– means your system only runs when the temperature drops below 38 degrees, so as the weather fluctuate. You’re only using electricity when there’s a chance of ice dams forming.
- Safety for family and guests– means you won’t have those beautiful icicles hanging from your roof. They’re lovely to look at but can easily hurt someone when they fall. A bigger safety concern is that hidden moisture in your attic, ceiling or walls can support the growth of mold, creating an unsafe environment for your family.
- No repairs due to leaks from ice dams– will save you an enormous amount of time, as it’s not a trivial exercise to get the right repairs done, and the insurance company to pay for them. You can read more about this on our blog, Staggering Ice Dam Insurance Claims.
- Investment protection– for your house means your roof, from the exterior shingles down to the roof deck below, will last longer and save you from having to replace it prematurely. We offer a 3year guarantee on materials and labor, so you know the system works.
The Benefits of an Ice Dam Prevention System for Your Commercial Building(s)
Ice dam prevention systems should be part of your building’s long-term maintenance strategy. While it requires a sizable initial investment, you’ll save more than your investment over 2 to 3 really snowy winters like the winter of 2014-15.
Businesses need to invest in an ice dam prevention systems to avoid:
- Higher insurance costs, and possible cancellation of insurance, with multiple claims due to multiple ice dam repairs which is happening to many condominium associations in New England.
- Higher operating costs to deal with roof raking and ice dam removal from roofs, which may involve special equipment like the bucket truck (watch video)used to remove ice dams as the video shows. Admittedly there are electrical costs associated with running an ice dam prevention system.
- Significantly higher repair costs due to roof and interior damagecaused by ice dams, along with management fees to get the job done right. And businesses often have higher deductibles to pay when these repairs are made.
- Business liability in case of injurydue to falling icicles, which is a huge problem in the northeast part of the US because so many of our buildings are old and lack adequate insulation and ventilation.
- Loss of business revenuewhen buildings, offices or apartments/condominiums must be vacated due to damage, repairs and/or mold remediation which is a common problem where there is water damage and ongoing moisture to sustain the growth of mold.
Live and work, worry-free about icicles, ice dams and their ongoing removal to prevent roof leaks and safety disasters. You can install our ice dam prevention system and turn it on in the fall (off in the spring) and it will go to work for you any time the temperature drops below 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
Ready to start the dialog? Call us at 877-705-1356, or read more about New England Ice Solutions.
New England Ice Solutions is owned and operated by Greg Greene of Greene Construction.
We’re builders so we know how houses and building are constructed. We know where the weak points are, and the best way to protect them.
Our job is to monitor the industry for new and improved technology, to insure we’re offering you the best solutions available.