Anna Jaques Hospital
Proudly Caring for the Greater Newburyport Community Since 1884
Anna Jaques Hospital proudly cares for the people who live, work, and play in the Merrimack Valley, North Shore and Southern New Hampshire. From primary to specialty care, emergency services to recovery (in all private patient rooms), or surgery to rehabilitation programs, Anna Jaques is recognized for delivering high quality community health care at a lower cost, with an emphasis on patient satisfaction.
The hospital is clinically affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a Boston academic medical center and major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. This relationship offers patients care from world-class specialists and specialty care right in Newburyport, and when needed, coordinated care in Boston.
Key programs and medical services for the entire family:
- Anna Jaques Cancer Center affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Gerrish Breast Care Center
- Emergency Services: Trauma & “Fast Track”
- Women’s Health Care / 3D Mammography
- Birth Center & Neonatal Care Center
- Orthopedics / Mako Robotic Arm Technology
- Comprehensive Pain Center
- Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Services
Looking for a pediatrician, primary care physician or specialist? Meet our doctors here.
Working at Anna Jaques Hospital
Anna Jaques Hospital is the largest employer in Newburyport and a special place for a career. For the third consecutive year, Anna Jaques was recognized nationally by Becker’s Hospital Review as “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. With competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, it is a fulfilling workplace environment displayed by staff longevity and growth. Learn more and view open positions at www.ajh.org/careers.
Anna Jaques Hospital
Staying Healthy and Safe This Summer
Summertime in Newburyport brings beautiful weather, trips to the beach, outdoor activities, celebrations, and vacation fun. With that can also come accidents and injuries – big and small. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – the Anna Jaques Hospital Gerrish Family Foundation Emergency Department is here to provide advanced ER, emergency services right in the community.
- Fast track services for minor injuries
- Level III Trauma Center
- Consults/Referrals across 50 specialties
- Tele-stroke service with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Diagnostic Imaging (CT Scan, MRI, etc.)
- Access to more in-network providers
- MedFlight helicopter service to Boston if needed
Entrance/access to the ER is located at 23 Rawson Ave., Newburyport, MA. To learn more, visit www.ajh.org/ER
|Summer Safety Tips!
· Sun Protection: Wear light clothing and sunscreen, and reapply every few hours.
· Bug Safety: Avoid scented soaps, perfumes and hair sprays. Avoid stagnant pools of water, uncovered foods and gardens where flowers are in bloom. Use insect repellent and/or cover up with light clothing.
· Bee Sting: To remove a visible stinger from the skin, gently back it out by scraping it with a credit card or ﬁngernail.
· Heat Stress: Drink plenty of water, and take a break every 20 minutes while active in the heat.
· Car Safety: Never leave children or pets alone in a hot car, even for a few minutes.
· Pool Safety: Closely supervise children in the pool and never leave them alone, even for a moment. Swim with “buddies”. Secure gates and fences at all times.
· Open Water Swimming: Never swim alone. Teach children about rip currents – if you are caught in a rip current, swim parallel to shore until you escape the current, and then swim back to shore.
· Boating Safety: Wear life jackets at all times when on boats, docks or near bodies of water.
Yee haw! Boots & Scrubs, the 2019 Anna Jaques Hospital Aid Association Great Chefs’ Night, will ride into town on Friday, April 5th at the Blue Ocean Event Center in Salisbury, MA. Come dressed in your finest pair of jeans and cowboy boots, or favorite fancy duds. All to benefit Anna Jaques Hospital. For more […]
In 2018, the top New Year’s resolutions in America were: Get healthy Get organized Live life to the fullest The best way to kick-off 2019, and strive to achieve all of these resolutions, is to make your health a top priority. For women, your health has many factors […]
On October 18th, at its 130th Annual Meeting, the Anna Jaques Hospital Aid Association presented a check in the amount of $170,000 to Mark Goldstein, President & CEO, Mary Williamson, Vice President of Development, and David LaFlamme, chair of the hospital board of trustees. The funds were designated to the following areas: the Wound Care […]