Summertime in Newburyport brings beautiful weather, trips to the beach, outdoor activities, celebrations, and vacation fun. With that can also come accidents and injuries – big and small. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – the Anna Jaques Hospital Gerrish Family Foundation Emergency Department is here to provide advanced ER, emergency services right in the community.
- Fast track services for minor injuries
- Level III Trauma Center
- Consults/Referrals across 50 specialties
- Tele-stroke service with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Diagnostic Imaging (CT Scan, MRI, etc.)
- Access to more in-network providers
- MedFlight helicopter service to Boston if needed
Entrance/access to the ER is located at 23 Rawson Ave., Newburyport, MA. To learn more, visit www.ajh.org/ER
|Summer Safety Tips!
· Sun Protection: Wear light clothing and sunscreen, and reapply every few hours.
· Bug Safety: Avoid scented soaps, perfumes and hair sprays. Avoid stagnant pools of water, uncovered foods and gardens where flowers are in bloom. Use insect repellent and/or cover up with light clothing.
· Bee Sting: To remove a visible stinger from the skin, gently back it out by scraping it with a credit card or ﬁngernail.
· Heat Stress: Drink plenty of water, and take a break every 20 minutes while active in the heat.
· Car Safety: Never leave children or pets alone in a hot car, even for a few minutes.
· Pool Safety: Closely supervise children in the pool and never leave them alone, even for a moment. Swim with “buddies”. Secure gates and fences at all times.
· Open Water Swimming: Never swim alone. Teach children about rip currents – if you are caught in a rip current, swim parallel to shore until you escape the current, and then swim back to shore.
· Boating Safety: Wear life jackets at all times when on boats, docks or near bodies of water.