As reported, curb appeal is one of the prominent contributing factors towards increasing your home’s valuation. For homeowners currently in the process of selling their house, this article by Worthington Interior Design explores numerous ways to maximize curb appeal and get the best price for your home.
Upgrade Your Home’s Exterior
Giving your exterior a revamp will give your property an instant fresh look, making it stand out from other homes in the neighborhood. Here is how you can go about it:
- Re-paint: According to MyMove.com, popular color choices include white, dark gray, and colonial blue. But you can also go for bold choices such as mustard yellow or barn red.
- Focus on Hardscape: Using a pressure washer, give your walkway, driveway, and sidewalks a thorough cleaning. This will help remove any dirt, mud, or grime, giving your entrance a sharp, clean look.
- Decorate your Door: Like your walls, give your front door a fresh coat of paint or polish. Additionally, you can choose to hang plants or decorations to make your entrance inviting and comforting.
Focus on Landscaping
As reported by BHG, landscaping can help you earn an extra 7% on your home’s sale. To reap this benefit, upgrade your outdoor spaces as follows:
- Use Flowerbeds: Planting colorful flowers will improve your lawn’s aesthetic and is bound to catch the attention of anyone passing by. Choose a local variety of flowers that are sure to bloom and accustomed to the weather.
- Plant a Tree: When looking for a timeless addition to your lawn, a tree is the best option. Additionally, a tree helps to reduce water run-off, lower energy consumption, and act as a windbreak.
Decorate The Space
Once you have made the above-mentioned alterations; below are more ways to enhance your curb appeal:
- Install Lights: To maintain your curb appeal post-sunset, consider additional light fixtures: exterior wall lanterns or specific landscape lighting.
- Buy a New Mailbox: This simple, affordable upgrade will convey to buyers that you care about the details. You can add a flower bed surrounding your mailbox as well.
- Add House Number: Is your address number plate need replacing? Popular options include number plates made from stainless steel, aluminum, or brass.
Some of these changes may seem small, they are bound to have a significant impact on increasing your home’s valuation. Visit the Worthington Interior Design Blog for more helpful design ideas.