Best of Newburyport
American Gold Prospecting Adventures
10% Off Gold Prospecting Classes & Adventures
Learn How to Find Gold & Gems in New England & Arizona
Looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy the outdoors and find gold & gems? American Gold Prospecting Adventures offers hands-on gold prospecting and gem hunting classes and adventures on the rivers and streams of New England and the hills and deserts of Arizona.
- Learn all about gold and gems, where they come from, and where to find them
- Learn panning, sluicing and rock hounding techniques
- All equipment included for use that day
- Keep all the gold & gems you find!
Locations are in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Arizona. Here is a typical gold prospecting class in a nutshell:
- We discuss the sources of gold, specifically the area we are in, and how it moves
- How to choose a good spot to prospect, reading a river, and good digging techniques
- Panning techniques, the most critical step in effective prospecting
- Hands on panning instruction
- Setting up and running a sluice and gold trap
- And of course, finding some gold!
This is a great adventure for anyone 12 years old and up. We offer discounts for groups of 6 or more. And you’ll receive a 10% discount off 3 or 6 hour classes or adventures if you use your Newburyport.com VIP card or App.
Perfect for throwing the ball around, picnics and definitely watching the boats cruise along the Merrimack River.
The Maritime heritage in Newburyport runs deep and The Custom House Maritime Museum is the ultimate destination for all residents and visitors with a curiosity about Newburyport's rich maritime history. Come hear stories of local families, their voyages and see model clipper ships and displays of famous shipwrecks.
A Plum Island vacation just might persuade you to consider the Plum Island Lifestyle as an annual tradition or possibly as a place to call home. Plum island, is a picturesque New England barrier island located just off Newburyport, MA, and less than an hour north of Boston. Plum Island is only 11 miles long […]