Best of Newburyport
American Gold Prospecting Adventures
10% Off Gold Prospecting Classes & Adventures
Learn How to Find Gold & Gems in New England & Arizona
Looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy the outdoors and find gold & gems? American Gold Prospecting Adventures offers hands-on gold prospecting and gem hunting classes and adventures on the rivers and streams of New England and the hills and deserts of Arizona.
- Learn all about gold and gems, where they come from, and where to find them
- Learn panning, sluicing and rock hounding techniques
- All equipment included for use that day
- Keep all the gold & gems you find!
Locations are in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Arizona. Here is a typical gold prospecting class in a nutshell:
- We discuss the sources of gold, specifically the area we are in, and how it moves
- How to choose a good spot to prospect, reading a river, and good digging techniques
- Panning techniques, the most critical step in effective prospecting
- Hands on panning instruction
- Setting up and running a sluice and gold trap
- And of course, finding some gold!
This is a great adventure for anyone 12 years old and up. We offer discounts for groups of 6 or more. And you’ll receive a 10% discount off 3 or 6 hour classes or adventures if you use your Newburyport.com VIP card or App.
Newburyport Waterfront Park is positioned in the center of downtown Newburyport, Massachusetts.A perfect green space, Waterfront Park has a great boardwalk that runs along the Merrimack River and plenty of benches to stop and enjoy the waterfront views and boating activity.
Maudslay State Park features breathtaking 19th century gardens, carriage roads and walking trails, stunning fields and meadows as well as stone arch bridges and a flowering reflection pond. If you appreciate history and the outdoors, a trip to Maudslay State Park is a must. Enjoy miles of hiking and walking trails and join the equestrian group if you enjoy horse back riding.
Bartlet Mall, a gorgeous historic park at the intersection of Pond and High Streets, is a great place for ice-skating, sledding, and enjoying nature. Its scenic views provide the setting for a wide variety of popular community events. There are wide walkways and a series of footpaths that border the Mall and lead to the Frog Pond. It has also become a highly photographed area by many local photographers.