Best of Newburyport
American Gold Prospecting Adventures
10% Off Gold Prospecting Classes & Adventures
Learn How to Find Gold & Gems in New England & Arizona
Looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy the outdoors and find gold & gems? American Gold Prospecting Adventures offers hands-on gold prospecting and gem hunting classes and adventures on the rivers and streams of New England and the hills and deserts of Arizona.
- Learn all about gold and gems, where they come from, and where to find them
- Learn panning, sluicing and rock hounding techniques
- All equipment included for use that day
- Keep all the gold & gems you find!
Locations are in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Arizona. Here is a typical gold prospecting class in a nutshell:
- We discuss the sources of gold, specifically the area we are in, and how it moves
- How to choose a good spot to prospect, reading a river, and good digging techniques
- Panning techniques, the most critical step in effective prospecting
- Hands on panning instruction
- Setting up and running a sluice and gold trap
- And of course, finding some gold!
This is a great adventure for anyone 12 years old and up. We offer discounts for groups of 6 or more. And you’ll receive a 10% discount off 3 or 6 hour classes or adventures if you use your Newburyport.com VIP card or App.
From the Plum Island beaches to the Maritime Forest, the Parker River Wildlife Refuge is a top quality bird watching destination. Parker River is a nationally recognized Wildlife Refuge for over 300 species or resident and migratory birds as well as a large variety of mammals, insects, fish, reptiles and amphibians.
The Maritime heritage in Newburyport runs deep and The Custom House Maritime Museum is the ultimate destination for all residents and visitors with a curiosity about Newburyport's rich maritime history. Come hear stories of local families, their voyages and see model clipper ships and displays of famous shipwrecks.
Whether you live local to the Newburyport area or you are just coming for a visit, the Clipper City Rail Trail is a great way to experience the natural beauty of the area. The path runs from MBTA Commuter Rail Station over to the Merrrimack River and provides a picturesque spot to exercise or just enjoy a leisurely stroll.