Best of Newburyport
American Gold Prospecting Adventures
10% Off Gold Prospecting Classes & Adventures
Learn How to Find Gold & Gems in New England & Arizona
Looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy the outdoors and find gold & gems? American Gold Prospecting Adventures offers hands-on gold prospecting and gem hunting classes and adventures on the rivers and streams of New England and the hills and deserts of Arizona.
- Learn all about gold and gems, where they come from, and where to find them
- Learn panning, sluicing and rock hounding techniques
- All equipment included for use that day
- Keep all the gold & gems you find!
Locations are in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Arizona. Here is a typical gold prospecting class in a nutshell:
- We discuss the sources of gold, specifically the area we are in, and how it moves
- How to choose a good spot to prospect, reading a river, and good digging techniques
- Panning techniques, the most critical step in effective prospecting
- Hands on panning instruction
- Setting up and running a sluice and gold trap
- And of course, finding some gold!
This is a great adventure for anyone 12 years old and up. We offer discounts for groups of 6 or more. And you’ll receive a 10% discount off 3 or 6 hour classes or adventures if you use your Newburyport.com VIP card or App.
Do you know about the impressive history of the Plum Island Airport in Newbury? Many advances in aviation occurred on Plum Island. The first flying field in New England was built on Plum Island. The original runway over the sand dunes and marshes was made of wood!
Newburyport, MA a city rich with maritime history, is excited to host Spanish Tall Ship El Galeón from May 25th – 30th, and we can thank the Custom House Maritime Museum for helping facilitate this special visit. The arrival of El Galeón is expected on Wednesday the 25th between 2-3 PM and will be accompanied by […]
The walking tours of Plum Island, North Point, led by Bill Sargent, and run from June through October. The 2017 walking tours were a big success. Please check back in the Spring for the 2018 schedule or visit plumislandoutdoors.org The 90-minute walking tours, start at North Point’s Plum Island Lighthouse go down to the south jetty […]