Best of Newburyport
American Gold Prospecting Adventures
10% Off Gold Prospecting Classes & Adventures
Learn How to Find Gold & Gems in New England & Arizona
Looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy the outdoors and find gold & gems? American Gold Prospecting Adventures offers hands-on gold prospecting and gem hunting classes and adventures on the rivers and streams of New England and the hills and deserts of Arizona.
- Learn all about gold and gems, where they come from, and where to find them
- Learn panning, sluicing and rock hounding techniques
- All equipment included for use that day
- Keep all the gold & gems you find!
Locations are in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Arizona. Here is a typical gold prospecting class in a nutshell:
- We discuss the sources of gold, specifically the area we are in, and how it moves
- How to choose a good spot to prospect, reading a river, and good digging techniques
- Panning techniques, the most critical step in effective prospecting
- Hands on panning instruction
- Setting up and running a sluice and gold trap
- And of course, finding some gold!
This is a great adventure for anyone 12 years old and up. We offer discounts for groups of 6 or more. And you’ll receive a 10% discount off 3 or 6 hour classes or adventures if you use your Newburyport.com VIP card or App.
Whether you live local to the Newburyport area or you are just coming for a visit, the Clipper City Rail Trail is a great way to experience the natural beauty of the area. The path runs from MBTA Commuter Rail Station over to the Merrrimack River and provides a picturesque spot to exercise or just enjoy a leisurely stroll.
Whether your visiting Newburyport or are looking for a great way to entertain guests, a historic walking tour hosted by Untapped History is a must! Experience Newburyport's top historic walking tour and "You'll Laugh, You'll Learn, You'll Drink!"
We’re lucky to live in an area with more than its fair share of wonderfully designed and maintained playgrounds, including one rated top ten in the state! From relatively small but centrally located urban parks to expansive play structures banked by rolling hills and ballfields, there’s a playground for every age range and activity level. Here’s our […]