Best of Newburyport
American Gold Prospecting Adventures
10% Off Gold Prospecting Classes & Adventures
Learn How to Find Gold & Gems in New England & Arizona
Looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy the outdoors and find gold & gems? American Gold Prospecting Adventures offers hands-on gold prospecting and gem hunting classes and adventures on the rivers and streams of New England and the hills and deserts of Arizona.
- Learn all about gold and gems, where they come from, and where to find them
- Learn panning, sluicing and rock hounding techniques
- All equipment included for use that day
- Keep all the gold & gems you find!
Locations are in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Arizona. Here is a typical gold prospecting class in a nutshell:
- We discuss the sources of gold, specifically the area we are in, and how it moves
- How to choose a good spot to prospect, reading a river, and good digging techniques
- Panning techniques, the most critical step in effective prospecting
- Hands on panning instruction
- Setting up and running a sluice and gold trap
- And of course, finding some gold!
This is a great adventure for anyone 12 years old and up. We offer discounts for groups of 6 or more. And you’ll receive a 10% discount off 3 or 6 hour classes or adventures if you use your Newburyport.com VIP card or App.
Bartlet Mall, a gorgeous historic park at the intersection of Pond and High Streets, is a great place for ice-skating, sledding, and enjoying nature. Its scenic views provide the setting for a wide variety of popular community events. There are wide walkways and a series of footpaths that border the Mall and lead to the Frog Pond. It has also become a highly photographed area by many local photographers.
Its that time of year again…another class has wrapped up its four years at Newburyport High School and is preparing to graduate. A proud Newburyport tradition for all graduating seniors of NHS is the week before graduation.
From the Plum Island beaches to the Maritime Forest, the Parker River Wildlife Refuge is a top quality bird watching destination. Parker River is a nationally recognized Wildlife Refuge for over 300 species or resident and migratory birds as well as a large variety of mammals, insects, fish, reptiles and amphibians.