Best of Newburyport
American Gold Prospecting Adventures
10% Off Gold Prospecting Classes & Adventures
Learn How to Find Gold & Gems in New England & Arizona
Looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy the outdoors and find gold & gems? American Gold Prospecting Adventures offers hands-on gold prospecting and gem hunting classes and adventures on the rivers and streams of New England and the hills and deserts of Arizona.
- Learn all about gold and gems, where they come from, and where to find them
- Learn panning, sluicing and rock hounding techniques
- All equipment included for use that day
- Keep all the gold & gems you find!
Locations are in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Arizona. Here is a typical gold prospecting class in a nutshell:
- We discuss the sources of gold, specifically the area we are in, and how it moves
- How to choose a good spot to prospect, reading a river, and good digging techniques
- Panning techniques, the most critical step in effective prospecting
- Hands on panning instruction
- Setting up and running a sluice and gold trap
- And of course, finding some gold!
This is a great adventure for anyone 12 years old and up. We offer discounts for groups of 6 or more. And you’ll receive a 10% discount off 3 or 6 hour classes or adventures if you use your Newburyport.com VIP card or App.
Explore Newburyport salt marshes, coastal waters and more at the Joppa Flats Education Center (JFEC) located near the entrance of the Parker River Wildlife Refuge in Newburyport, Massachusetts. This 52-acre wildlife sanctuary includes not only outdoor grounds, but indoor observation areas, making JFEC a great educational experience all year round.
Bartlet Mall, a gorgeous historic park at the intersection of Pond and High Streets, is a great place for ice-skating, sledding, and enjoying nature. Its scenic views provide the setting for a wide variety of popular community events. There are wide walkways and a series of footpaths that border the Mall and lead to the Frog Pond. It has also become a highly photographed area by many local photographers.
You have probably heard a few nautical metaphors over the years, sayings such as, “A boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into” or “You know what boat stands for? Break Out Another Thousand!” The funny thing is that most of the people making these statements are boat owners. Now you […]