Optometry Services & Vision Care Products
Experience, Advanced Technology, & Personalized Treatment
The experts at Watts Eye Associates have been providing optometry services & vision care products in the greater Newburyport community for over 40 years. Having clear vision can drastically improve quality of life. One exam and you will see why the Watts team is so highly respected. They utilize advanced diagnostic technology to ensure the most thorough exam possible. They ask the right questions to make sure they understand your individual eye care concerns, and they provide you with a clear understanding of the advantages and possible disadvantages of treatment options and products. They help you choose vision treatment that is ideal for your daily routine and lifestyle.
The Watts Team is experienced with all ages and all types of eye conditions. They are wonderful with children and great with spotting and treating conditions such as convergence, they regularly help folks in their 40’s address issues of combined far and near sided challenges, and they are very experienced at recognizing and treating some of the more serious eye health conditions associated with aging.
In addition to having a team of highly trained Optometrists, Watts also has an experienced and friendly team of Opticians who are there to assist you with eye care product choices. With so many options, it is important to have knowledgeable professionals who can help suggest vision correction products tailored to your individual eye care needs. The Watts team is also very experienced in understanding the many insurance options and helping recommend solutions that fit your budget. Watts Eye Associates is Best of Newburyport Eye Care.
Watts Eye Associates
Relieve Computer Eye Strain with Tips from Local Eye Care Experts
It is important to know what you can do to relieve computer eye strain. Many of us have jobs that require up to eight hours a day in front of a screen and we usually accrue more screen time when we get home! Such a significant portion of our day spent hunched over a keyboard can take a toll on our body and our vision. In fact, Computer Vision Syndrome can cause headaches, dry eyes, blurred vision, and shoulder or neck pain.
Computer ergonomics can relieve computer eye strain. Computer ergonomics is the science of designing a work environment to maximize efficiency and reduce the risk of injuries. Here are a few tips from Watts Eye Associates to reduce eye strain and other computer-associated issues.
- Sit with your head and neck upright and aligned with your torso.
- Always face your screen directly. Avoid having your back twisted or viewing your screen with your head turned.
- If you wear glasses, position yourself so you comfortably view your entire screen without tilting your head.
- Keep your mouse close to your keyboard so you aren’t constantly reaching for it.
- Try to get your computer screen so the top of the screen is at or below eye level. This will reduce the strain on your neck.
- Make sure your screen is the right distance from your face. It should be about an arms’s length away.
Give Your Eyes A Break
Tired eyes can lead to headaches, fatigue and decreased productivity. Remember:
- The 20/20/20 rule. Every 20 minutes, focus on something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. This gives your eyes a chance to rest and refocus.
- Mini breaks. Take 15-minute breaks from your computer screen twice a day. Stand up, stretch, and walk around.
- Simple eye exercises. A few times a day, stretch your extra ocular eye socket muscles by rolling your eyes in all directions.
Try these tips to keep your eyes happier at work and relieve computer eye strain.
Did you know that diabetic eye disease is the leading cause of blindness among adults? Did you also know that often times there are no symptoms until the disease is advanced? High blood sugar is the major culprit of eye problems and the longer you live with the disease, the greater the risk. Three major […]
Looking for some advice on helping your child adjust to glasses or contacts? While corrective lenses have vastly improved in terms of technology and style over the past few decades, it’s not always easy for kids feel comfortable with their new eyewear. Here are few ideas to help your child make the transition. Get in […]