Premier Home Builders
Greene Construction and Remodeling
Newburyport’s Experienced Home Builders and Remodeling Experts
Beginning a home building project or thinking about remodeling an existing home requires a partnership with experienced home builders. Listening to your ideas is our job! With more than 20 years of business growth and experience, Greene Construction and Remodeling is the premier home builder for Newburyport and North Shore. We specialize in custom home construction, unique carpentry, remodeling and repair. Our long-standing commitment is to balance your goals with your budget!
We believe in open communication from start to finish: our goal is to stay connected to our customers with suggestions for design and budget. Together we will create a personalized plan whether your building a new home or remodeling. Greene Construction and Remodeling strives to provide the least stressful experience for clients.
We consistently work to provide creative solutions for your project. Our level of experience makes us experts in understanding critical construction details, building codes and utility hook ups. We are involved in all levels of activity and nuances of home building. If you’re building a custom home or your wish list includes an addition, a sun-room, home gym, or new master suite, give us a call!
Kitchen renovations are among our most popular projects. We love creating open space, so your family and guests can thrive.
Who doesn’t need more storage in their bathroom? With a bathroom remodel, you can save water, add space and storage and update that outdated floor or bathtub/shower.
Let us help you increase your curb appeal with home maintenance and repair. From colonial to federal to contemporary; no matter the style of your home, we understand what it takes to create your dream. Greene Construction has been based in Newburyport, MA for 25 years and we are familiar with the surrounding area, local zoning and community trends. Want to re-purpose that room over the garage? Want to have a more livable attic space? Want to make your porch or sun-room more-up-to-date and relaxing? You can depend on our experience.
Let’s connect now! We want to make you smile by putting our resources to work for you! We’d love to talk to you about your project, big or small. Call us at 978-790-4881.
An Ice Dam Prevention System For Home & Commercial Buildings
Many Homeowners and Building owners in the northeast are having to deal with a growing number of weather related emergencies including hurricanes, wind storms, flooding and an increasing amount of snow accumulation from winter storms over the years. Ice dams in a matter of days, damage your home’s or business’s roof and the water that gets inside your buildings can require extensive and costly repairs. Owners need to install an ice dam prevention system to proactively prevent damage to the physical structure of the building they own, to reduce potential safety and liability issues.
New England Ice Solutions offers guaranteed Ice Dam Prevention Systems that save you time, money and potential safety disasters or liability issues. In many ways, our ice dam prevention systems are like homeowner’s insurance. You want assurance that you’re protected when you get extremely large amounts of snow on your roof. We think our solution is superior to insurance because we focus on preventing the problem from occurring, where insurance only helps to defray the cost of repairs. You’ve still got to live through the problem, deal with insurance adjusters and then contractors who will ultimately make the needed repairs.
The Benefits of an Ice Dam Prevention System for Your Home
Our lives are busy and our homes should be a safe retreat from the world around us. When you get home at night, you want to relax and enjoy your family. You don’t want to deal with shoveling snow, or worse, calling contractors to get estimates to make repairs to your home’s interior due to a roof leak.
With our ice dam prevention solution, you get the following benefits, all of which provide you with peace of mind:
- Schedule flexibility– means you don’t have to check on the weather at home while traveling for business, or spending winters in a warmer climate.
- Automated operations– like other automated home features, you only have to turn your system on in the fall, and off in the spring. The automated controller runs the system for you.
- Energy efficiency– means your system only runs when the temperature drops below 38 degrees, so as the weather fluctuate. You’re only using electricity when there’s a chance of ice dams forming.
- Safety for family and guests– means you won’t have those beautiful icicles hanging from your roof. They’re lovely to look at but can easily hurt someone when they fall. A bigger safety concern is that hidden moisture in your attic, ceiling or walls can support the growth of mold, creating an unsafe environment for your family.
- No repairs due to leaks from ice dams– will save you an enormous amount of time, as it’s not a trivial exercise to get the right repairs done, and the insurance company to pay for them. You can read more about this on our blog, Staggering Ice Dam Insurance Claims.
- Investment protection– for your house means your roof, from the exterior shingles down to the roof deck below, will last longer and save you from having to replace it prematurely. We offer a 3year guarantee on materials and labor, so you know the system works.
The Benefits of an Ice Dam Prevention System for Your Commercial Building(s)
Ice dam prevention systems should be part of your building’s long-term maintenance strategy. While it requires a sizable initial investment, you’ll save more than your investment over 2 to 3 really snowy winters like the winter of 2014-15.
Businesses need to invest in an ice dam prevention systems to avoid:
- Higher insurance costs, and possible cancellation of insurance, with multiple claims due to multiple ice dam repairs which is happening to many condominium associations in New England.
- Higher operating costs to deal with roof raking and ice dam removal from roofs, which may involve special equipment like the bucket truck (watch video)used to remove ice dams as the video shows. Admittedly there are electrical costs associated with running an ice dam prevention system.
- Significantly higher repair costs due to roof and interior damagecaused by ice dams, along with management fees to get the job done right. And businesses often have higher deductibles to pay when these repairs are made.
- Business liability in case of injurydue to falling icicles, which is a huge problem in the northeast part of the US because so many of our buildings are old and lack adequate insulation and ventilation.
- Loss of business revenuewhen buildings, offices or apartments/condominiums must be vacated due to damage, repairs and/or mold remediation which is a common problem where there is water damage and ongoing moisture to sustain the growth of mold.
Live and work, worry-free about icicles, ice dams and their ongoing removal to prevent roof leaks and safety disasters. You can install our ice dam prevention system and turn it on in the fall (off in the spring) and it will go to work for you any time the temperature drops below 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
Ready to start the dialog? Call us at 877-705-1356, or read more about New England Ice Solutions.
New England Ice Solutions is owned and operated by Greg Greene of Greene Construction.
We’re builders so we know how houses and building are constructed. We know where the weak points are, and the best way to protect them.
Our job is to monitor the industry for new and improved technology, to insure we’re offering you the best solutions available.