Massachusetts was well represented with 19 schools making the recently released 2015 Newsweek top 500 national high school ranking. Congratulations to Massachusetts and our local community with Newburyport High School ranking 253rd and Greater Newburyport town of Georgetown High School ranking 278th.
The Newsweek ranking evaluates schools on a broad range of criteria in an effort to identify schools that excel with preparing students for college and addressing socioeconomic inequality. They publish two lists, one that is based only on performance results, called “America’s Top High Schools 2015” and a second list called “Beating the Odds 2015” which ranks based on performance results but also takes poverty rates into consideration.
Below is the list of all Massachusetts High Schools to make the list. Visit Newsweek.com for the full national ranking and more detail regarding ranking criteria.
- 16 – Dover-Sherborn Regional High School
- 52 – Medfield Senior High School
- 54 – Weston High School
- 67 – Newton North High School
- 75 – Westwood High School
- 93 – Hopkinton High School
- 115 – Hingham High School
- 128 – Shrewsbury Senior High School
- 139 – Groton Dunstable Regional High School
- 207 – Longmeadow High School
- 253 – Newburyport High School
- 278 – Georgetown High School
- 315 – Arlington High School
- 381 – King Phillip Regional High School
- 396 – Marblehead High School
- 424 – Ashland High School
- 448 – Natick High School
- 451 – Braintree High School
- 492 – Chelmsford High School