Moving is already a challenging task, so make your big day go as smoothly as possible and compare moving companies before selecting one. While cost is always an important factor, sometimes the “best deal” ends up with a u-haul pulling up on moving day, three hours late, with a rag tag crew handling your goods. Inastead, follow these simple moving tips to make sure you get the services you should not only expect, but deserve.
- Moving Tip #1: A real moving company never minds coming out to do an onsite estimate, this will be one of your most important moving tips. Although some jobs are very easy to quote on the phone, you as the customer, deserve an onsite estimate if you desire it.
- Moving Tip #2: Ask for certificates of insurance. One of the most important certificates is Workers’ Comp, a perfect example of why you should compare moving companies. Many companies who expect cash payment for services rendered do not have Workers’ Comp. If one of their workers get injured on the job, you could be on the hook.
- Moving Tip #3: Always make sure the company has their own vehicles. The best way to do this is to check to see if they have a certificate proving an auto insurance policy. Ask the company to cc’ you an email with their insurance company who should be able to answer questions and provide you with the certificate.
- Moving Tip #4: Make sure to sign a contract and put a deposit down for the services you are expecting on moving day. One of our top red flag moving tips, no contract means no commitment on your moving company’s part. Giving a deposit via check or credit card is your best assurance that you have chosen a company who is committed to getting your move done.
- Moving Tip #5: Last but not least, one of the best ways to compare moving companies is to do a quick Google search with the owner’s name and the company name in the search bar. Check reviews to see how customers fared with the company, the good and the bad!
Follow these simple moving tips to compare moving companies and you’ll be home sweet home without the headaches on your next move!
If you’re planning an upcoming move please consider giving a call to Ferrick Bros. Moving Company, the earlier the better. We are able to provide our most competitive pricing when customers contact us early in the moving process. We welcome the opportunity to give you peace of mind about your upcoming move and work very hard to ensure a very positive experience on moving day.