FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR THE VIP CARD PROGRAM AND NEWBURYPORT APP
VIP Program Related Questions:
- When do Digital VIP Cards and Physical VIP Cards expire? The expiration dates for digital VIP Cards and Physical VIP Cards are not the same. Digital VIP Cards are valid one year from purchase date. View your Digital Card expiration by tapping the card image on your mobile device. The new 2018 Physical VIP Cards are valid through 12/31/18. The black Best of Newburyport Physical VIP Cards displays an expiration of 12/31/16 on the back of the card, but the expiration of this card was extended and is valid through 12/31/17.
- My VIP Card says, Daily News on the front and has an expiration of 1/1/14 on the back. Is this card valid? No this card is expired. The Best of Newburyport VIP Program helps to support local nonprofits by giving back 40% of our card sale revenues to local charities. This original/expired card was put into circulation for free while Newburyport.com was busy building our fundraising channel partners. Purchase a current Best of Newburyport VIP Card and $10 of your card purchase will be donated to the local nonprofit that you designate.
- Is the Newburyport App replacing the VIP Card? No, folks have a choice of displaying either a physical VIP Card or the Digital VIP Card image on their mobile device. App users must tap the card to show that it is valid.
- Can the Physical VIP Card be shared? Yes, there are no names on the physical card so it can be shared within families.
- Can the Newburyport App be shared? No, login credentials are specific to one user and designed to function on only one device.
- Is there a charge to download the Newburyport App? No, it is free to download the App and view all participating businesses and discounts, but you must make a purchase in order to receive login credentials enabling Digital VIP Card display.
- How do I receive discounts using the VIP Card or Newburyport App? In either case there is no scanning. You simply show your Physical VIP Card or or TAP your Digital VIP Card when making a purchase. From the “My VIP Card” tab in the App, tap the digital image of your VIP Card and show your phone to the VIP Business. They will see the green check mark indicating your VIP Card is valid.
Technical Support Questions:
- How do I download the Newburyport App? From your mobile device click the link below for either your Apple or Android device.
- I don’t know the password for my Apple ID or Google ID. How can I reset my password?
- iOS/Apple ID password reset, click this link – click forgot Apple ID or password?
- Android/Google ID password click this link – follow steps to reset password.
- How do I get location based reminders to use my VIP Card? If you accept the GPS related questions that are asked as part of the App download process you will receive reminders to use your VIP Card at locations nearby.
- How do I turn off the VIP Card App reminders? App reminders can be turned off under your phone settings.
- How do I get login credentials to utilize the Newburyport App? Login credentials are sent via email at the time of VIP Card purchase and renewal.
- What if I forget my passcode or can’t find the login email? You can reset your passcode from the login screen using the email address used to place your order. You can also contact Support@Newburyport.com to have your passcode sent to you but a password reset is the quickest solution.
- Can I choose my passcode? No, VIP Card passcodes are randomly generated, but they are rarely needed because the App will keep you logged in unless you choose to manually logout under the settings screen tab.
- Can I change the email address associated with the login of my Newburyport App? Yes, you must first login to the App. To change the email address, go to My VIP Card, select settings in the top left corner of your screen, and tap the option to change email.
- The search field is not working in my App and the businesses are not displaying in alphabetical order? Check the App Store(Apple) or the Play Store(Google) or your phone settings for an update to your App. Do the update and it will clear this issue. Apple and Google both require that you are running their most up to date software in order to do any App updates.
- Will the Newburyport App operate on all devices? It is designed to work on iOS/Apple and Android/Google devices. It is possible that it may not work on certain older phone devices or software platforms.
- Do I need to do an Apple or Google update to download the Newburyport App? Yes, both Apple and Google require users to run the most recent software updates in order to download Apps or do software updates.